Chhole is primarily a delicacy from the North of India, made from Chickpea. Sri Sri Tattva Chhole Masala, with its excellent mix of pure spices, is specifically combined to give you an unforgettable experience of this North Indian treat.
Chole Channa Masala
Coriander, Chilli Powder, Mango Powder, Cumin, Black Pepper, Clove, Cinnamon, Anistar, Mint, Turmeric, Poppy Seeds, Big Cardamom, Anar Dana, Fennel Seeds, Tamarind Powder, Garlic, Bay Leaf, Onion, Mace, Bishop’s Weed, Salt, Nutmeg, Asafoetida, Lemon Powder, Fenugreek Leaves, Black Cumin, Kachari, Mustard Seeds.
- In a bowl, wash and soak 2 cups of kabuli chana (chick peas) overnight. (Take a small cloth and put in 2 tsp of tea leaves in it. Tie this cloth firmly with thread, so that the tea leaves do not spill out.)
- Combine the 2 cups of kabuli chana, 1 cup of bottle gourd, 1¼ cup of water and tea leaves bag in pressure cooker and cook for 6 whistles.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a deep kadhai, add 2 tbsp cumin seeds and 1 bay leaf and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add 2 tbsp Sri Sri Tattva Chhole Masala, 1 tbsp chilli powder, dried ginger powder, ¼ cup coriander and salt to taste, mix well and cook on medium flame for 1 minute while stirring continuously.
- Add 1 cup roughly chopped tomatoes and cooked kabuli chana and bottle gourd mixture. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.